Connecting the DirecTV system to the Internet router is advantageous since it allows users to view all shows and enjoy other types of services from one place. Viewers can watch various streaming channels and regular cable and other channels, all in one convenient location.
If you’ve just made the shift to DIRECTV, you could have some questions about how to install it to your Wi-Fi network. This article describes how to connect DirecTV through Wi-Fi without the need for a connection kit in detail.
Wired and Wireless Configurations for DirecTV
You will need the DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit to link your DirecTV system to the Internet.
Although it is referred to as DECA BB for wired connections, it is also available in wireless CCK setups.
Options for DirecTV Models
Ensure that you have one of these server models if you need a wireless connection. CCK kits are required if you don’t have these models.
You can also connect them differently.
Check whether your router has the WPS logo before attempting a direct connection.
To connect your DirecTV system to your Internet router in any scenario, we’ve explained the procedure below.
Using the WPS Router
A WPS button on your router indicates that you may connect your DirecTV to your network using the instructions outlined below:
- From your remote control, go to the Menu on your TV screen.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select network setup > connect now from the drop-down menu.
- The Push button setup is accessed by clicking on it.
- To activate WPS on your router, press the WPS button on your router. If you can’t locate it, it’s the one with the WPS logo on it. The gadget will recognize your television. Please be patient as it may take a few seconds to load fully.
- It may take up to a minute for the connection to be verified.
- Congratulations! You are now done with the configuration of your router.
How to do a Manual Router Setup
Setting up a manual router is no big deal. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the menu option on the remote.
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to ‘Internet setup’ and click on the ‘Connect now’ button.
- Choose ‘Set up wireless’ from the drop-down menu when your system identifies the system configuration.
- Choose the network you want to use to connect to a wireless network. In this case, a list will appear, displaying all of the accessible connections in your neighborhood.
- Input your wireless network password. Your DirecTV system has been connected to your network. Enjoy streaming!
Connecting Without a WPS Router
Follow these steps to connect DirecTV with the Internet router if the logo is not present on the device:
- Set up your receiver using a wireless DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit. When this happens, you’ll get a notification that says, “Connection established.”
- Navigate the screen with your DirecTV remote and choose ‘set it up’ or any other option on your TV.
- Select the wireless network with which you wish to establish a connection. In this case, a list will appear, displaying all of the accessible links in your immediate neighborhood.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you’ll be prompted to input your security key, i.e., the password you set up on your Internet router.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘connect now’ button.
- Check your connection options, and see if there’s anything you want to modify before clicking Finish. For instance, you may find out about your connection speed, the number of devices connected to the Internet router, and whether or not there is any connectivity accessible at all. If you wish to change your password, do that before clicking on the finish option.
- Once you are all set, click on the ‘done’ button.
- Your configuration is complete. Keep in mind that it might take anywhere from 24-48 hours until all programs are accessible.
- You can check the OnDemand options to see the status.
More Tips Before Connecting Your DirecTV
Make sure you know what model you have. If you are still unclear, consult the guide for your setup.
The Internet connection speed should be good enough. There are a lot of websites that allow you to check your connectivity speed. You can take assistance from one of them and know the current speed.
Purchase an Internet router that will enable you to connect several devices simultaneously. Connectivity across several devices, such as cellphones, laptops, PCs, and DirecTV, should be easily possible.
How to Connect DirecTV to Wi-Fi Without Using a Connection Kit?
- All network-related settings should be in their default positions. Turn on your DirecTV and go to the Internet setup section in the settings to start again with a new network configuration.
- The screen will show an alert requesting that you rejoin the Internet after completing the procedure. You’ll need a high-speed Internet connection and a wireless network router.
- To proceed, choose the advanced setup option. An advanced menu will pop up.
- It is necessary to pick the reset network option in the advanced setup menu. If you hit the Reset Network button, you will get the following message in response:
IMPORTANT: You are about to begin a procedure that will take a few minutes and cause any recordings or live TV sessions to be interrupted.
- Users may proceed with the configuration by pressing the DASH symbol (-), or it can be stopped with the Return button. Now, give it a little time to finish the procedure.
- When the procedure is finished, go to MENU > Internet Setup > Reconnect Internet to reconnect to the Internet.
- Upon selecting the ‘reconnect Internet’ option, you will be redirected to a window that displays the question – Is your Internet connection operational? Choose ‘Yes’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will now be prompted to provide information about the modifications you have made to your router’s wireless network configuration. Suppose this is the issue, press Configure Wireless to do the upgrade. If you do not have access to a Wi-Fi router, go to the next step.
- The Configure Wi-Fi option may be found in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Select it. Now, the device runs a search for a Wi-Fi network.
- All the accessible networks in that vicinity will appear. Choose your wireless network from the drop-down menu, type in your password, and the device will begin the verification process for you automatically.
- Once the connection verification process has been completed successfully, your DirecTV system will be successfully linked to your Wi-Fi network. You will then be redirected to the “Internet Setup Complete” page, where you must click on the Done button, which is positioned in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, to complete the process. The setup procedure will be done, and you will be able to watch your favorite programs.
We hope this article could provide you with all the information you need to establish a connection to DirecTV without your connection Kit.