With a smart air conditioner, you can keep your home cool and comfortable. A smart air conditioner is one that is connected to the Internet via WiFi and can be managed using a smartphone app.
It allows users to execute a variety of remote operations without needing to be at home, which is great if you want to turn on the air conditioning on your way home from work rather than arriving home to a hot house. Some smart air conditioners will even measure your energy usage and notify you when the filter needs to be changed.
It can also be connected to your other smart home devices, allowing you to operate it with Alexa and Google Assistant or schedule it to turn on when your lights or window shades are switched on. You can also program it to change the temperature when you leave or return home, so it doesn’t waste electricity cooling your home while you’re gone.
This article will examine the best WiFi portable air conditioners available. Continue reading to get a shopping guide as well as frequently asked questions at the end of the article.
6 Best WiFi Portable Air Conditioners You Should Check Out
The EAPC8RSD1 is without a doubt the greatest air conditioner with WiFi. WiFi-enabled units are typically not very good at either cooling or WiFi. The Emerson Quiet Kool EAPC8RSD1, on the other hand, excels at both.
This reasonably priced air conditioner is easy to carry around, provides adequate performance, and is inexpensive to operate. The Emerson Quiet Kool EAPC8RSD1 is likewise self-evaporating, requiring minimal upkeep. However, remember that if you’re looking for a device to cool a big area, this may not be the ideal option.
In short, the Emerson Quiet Kool is an excellent WiFi air conditioner. It would be much better if this unit had more cooling capacity, but 300 square feet isn’t awful.
- Self-Evaporating Unit
- In comparison to most other air conditioners, this one is quite quiet.
- Quite affordable
- Provides merely average results
This LG portable air conditioner is pricey, but it’s worth it because of its understated design, excellent cooling performance, and near-silent operation. It not only has a strong cooling capacity, but it can also dehumidify the air. You can use it to cover up to 450 square feet.
Voice controls via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are supported by this air conditioner. You can manage it via LG’s SmartThinQ smartphone app, but it also comes with a remote with a convenient digital display.
LG, very amazingly, offers a variation of the air conditioner that can not only chill but also heat your home for only $50 more. This is the greatest option for a portable air conditioner that can be used all year.
- Installation is simple.
- Quiet operation
- Exceptional cooling performance
- There isn’t any Apple HomeKit integration.
Another terrific option from Frigidaire’s Cool Connect brand is next on our list of top smart portable WiFi air conditioners. If you want to move your air conditioner around effortlessly, this model is completely portable and features a clean, innovative look.
The Frigidaire Smart Appliances app allows you complete control over your air conditioner over WiFi, allowing you to alter the temperatures, fan speeds, and program schedule. Additionally, it works with Alexa and Google Home. The app can keep track of how much you’ve used it and even alert you when it’s time to clean the filter.
It must be hooked into the wall; however, the cord is 6.5 feet long. This unit has the best all-around layout and has a lot of cooling power. It doesn’t end there, though.
The Frigidaire smartphone app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, and Android devices. It also has a great appearance. During the offseason, this item is frequently discounted.
- The unit has a sleek, modern style.
- Thanks to the Frigidaire app, you can control air conditioning with your smartphone.
- The Frigidaire app may also be used to modify the temperature and manage modes and fan settings.
- Set it and forget it — choose your preferred temperature, and it will cool swiftly and effectively, even on hot days.
- With a 12.0 efficiency rating, the unit is energy efficient.
- This is one of the most highly rated smart WiFi air conditioners we’ve come across.
- There is no intake of fresh air.
- A small delay in the app’s response to touch has been noted by certain users.
- Some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the item since it is louder than they anticipated.
- It is difficult to move from one room to another due to its weight.
The peculiar “U” form of the Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner gives it its moniker. This smart air conditioner has a wide gap in the center that allows you to move your window up and down.
This feature not only allows you to open your window to let fresh air in, but it also acts as a far more effective barrier when the window is closed, reducing the amount of work your air conditioner has to do to keep your room cool.
Midea’s stylish design assures that it will mix with your home furnishings better than its competitors. This Wi-Fi air conditioner supports Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands, but you can also use a smartphone app or the included remote to manage it.
It’s available in three different sizes: 8,000 BTUs, 10,000 BTUs, and 12,000 BTUs. This Midea U Inverter is capable of cooling medium-sized rooms. You can also get an air conditioner with a bigger cooling capacity.
- Design that is both cool and unique
- The operation is surprisingly silent.
- There isn’t any Apple HomeKit integration.
The Black & Decker portable air conditioner is guaranteed to be a well-fitting choice for individuals who aren’t too keen on having a wall-mounted air conditioner in their homes.
The Black+Decker BPACT14WT is noisy and awkward, but it’s your best choice for a budget-friendly portable cooling unit that works really well.
It’s got a cooling capacity of 14000 BTU and is optimized for medium-sized rooms as big as 350 square feet. The unit comes with only one exhaust hose and also has a built-in dehumidifier that allows you to control the moisture levels in your room.
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to remove the filter
- Sleep mode for quiet operation
- It has flimsy buttons and lacks amenities like cord storage, so it appears to be less expensive.
The Honeywell Smart Wifi Portable Air Conditioner serves a dual purpose by cooling your space while also acting as a dehumidifier.
This type connects to the internet and is managed by your phone, allowing users to control their unit from anywhere in the house. This model, which weighs just under 63 pounds, can cool spaces up to 450 square feet.
Voice commands can also be used to turn on the device, modify the temperature, and adjust the fan speeds.
It also features wheels on the bottom, allowing you to transfer it from room to room. Also, not only can you manage it with your phone (and Alexa), but it also monitors and adjusts itself to changing weather conditions outside. It also includes a washable filter and thermal overload protection.
- Acts both as dehumidifier and air conditioner
- Compatible with Alexa
- Not as efficient as in-window models
Before buying a portable air conditioner for your home or workspace, here are five things to think about.
- Price: Depending on the size and number of features, portable air conditioners can cost anywhere from $250 to $500.
- Size: A BTU is the amount of energy required to chill or heat 0.45 liters of water by one degree Fahrenheit in general. However, in air conditioner (AC) terminology, a BTU counts the amount of heat an AC unit can extract from an area. As a result, the size of your space affects the number of BTU-air conditioners you’ll require.
You want a unit with just enough wattage to chill your room or area. If you buy a huge air conditioner, it will chill the room before it can eliminate the humidity, leaving you chilly and uncomfortable.
It’s critical to purchase a portable air conditioner that’s suitable for your space so you don’t spend energy or cash on one that can’t sufficiently cool your space.
- Type: A single or double hose is included with portable air conditioners. Single-hose types, which are more prevalent, draw stagnant air from within your room and chill and recirculate it. Dual-hose units, on the other hand, draw fresh air from the outside and are usually more expensive.
- If you already have an Amazon Alexa or Google Home, seek a smart air conditioner that works with these devices for seamless home integration.
- Check the filter indicator: If you can’t determine when the filter needs a good cleaning, invest in a smart air conditioning unit that will notify you when it’s time. On some machines, there will be a visual indicator.
- Features: Some portable air conditioners come with smart technology and can be controlled with a smartphone. However, these models are usually more expensive. Other models have extra amenities such as a dehumidifier, heater, or air purifier.
Remember that your air conditioner will need to be close to a window and an electrical outlet to function properly. Simple maintenance is also required for these types, which includes releasing the water from the device as needed and changing the air filters every few weeks.
Is it safe to use a portable air conditioner throughout the day?
Leaving your portable air conditioner on all the time is technically safe.
Many new portable air conditioners have a “Smart Energy Save” feature that allows you to choose the desired temperature and then automatically shuts off once that degree has been reached.
Is it true that smart air conditioners use less energy?
Both yes and no. Everything is dependent on the unit, its initial energy saving rating, and the testing process. Let’s take out the variables and pit two similarly rated air conditioners against each other in the same room. The difference is that the first has smart capabilities while the second does not. The efficiency test will be won by the former.
Manufacturers claim that technologically advanced devices can save you 10-15% on your monthly electricity expenditure.
Do You need a new thermostat if you get a Smart Air Conditioner?
If you have a second air conditioner and want them to work together, you’ll need the thermostat.
Can Google Home switch on my air conditioner?
In terms of making your life easier, technology has come a long way.
Tasks that you used to have to do yourself, such as turning on the air conditioner, can now be done without you manually doing it. Yes, if your air conditioner is WiFi-enabled, you can use Google Home to turn it on.
Is it a good idea to have a portable air conditioner?
There are several reasons why you should buy a Portable Air Conditioner over other options.
Portable air conditioners are ideal for cooling a space where standard air conditioners are inconvenient to install. There are now energy-efficient portable air conditioners on the market that can greatly reduce your electricity expenses while also providing excellent cooling.
We’ve researched numerous top-rated portable air conditioners in this post, ranging from modest versions to evaporative coolers.
It is critical to select the appropriate air conditioner, which depends on the type you require. This guide’s information and reviews should assist you in evaluating different brands, models, and their features in order to make the best decision for your needs.