You have recently bought a brand new Samsung television and are eager to put it to use by watching a movie. However, you can’t because you can’t seem to find the remote to connect to the internet. Sounds familiar?
Samsung offers a huge selection of televisions ranging from the most basic to the most expensive models. But that does not guarantee that your remote will not get lost. The connectivity of Samsung’s televisions with mobile phones and tablets is also a plus. Still, television owners will be unable to reap the benefits of most of these features if their remote is lost or stops working properly. However, you can fix it.
Devices are becoming smarter nowadays, providing solutions to the many problems people were facing earlier. For example, losing the remote control for the television was a struggle in the past but is not anymore.
This article contains a complete guide on how to connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi without a remote and avoid running into the problem again.
Use the TV Controller to Switch It On
Samsung televisions are equipped with a TV controller, which you can use if the remote is misplaced or requires new batteries. The TV controller contains several buttons that enable you to switch on and off your television, adjust the volume, and switch from one input to another.
In most models, you can access the Menu, Settings, and Smart Hub functions. You can find if the Smart Hub Functions allow you to connect your Samsung smart TV to Wi-Fi.
However, locating the TV controller can be difficult because it varies depending on the model. In most cases, it is placed near the red light that illuminates when the TV is switched off but still connected to an electrical outlet.
Use Your Smartphone
It is no longer enough for smart TVs to become faster in processing; they must also have more connectivity options available. This implies that these devices are compatible with remote controls as well as other Bluetooth-enabled devices such as a smartphone.
Consequently, if you have misplaced your Samsung TV remote and need to connect to the internet, you can use other portable devices to connect it to a wireless network (which we will discuss later).
To connect to the Wi-Fi network on your Samsung TV, you must first download the SmartThings app on your mobile phone or tablet. The application allows you to access the control system of your Samsung TV and connect to the wireless network. You can download the SmartThings app from app stores like the Google Play Store and the iOS store.
To use SmartThings, you’ll first need to grant it permission to communicate with your TV through your remote, which is not possible if you have a new device and haven’t previously used the app. But you can still use an external keyboard to grant this permission even without a remote.
If you want to know how to connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi without a remote using a smartphone, here is a quick step-by-step process:
This is how you can go about it:
- Go to your device’s Google Play Store or iOS Store and type SmartThings into the search bar.
- Look for the app and click on it. The Install button can be found on the app page once it has been opened. Tap on it and wait for the app to download.
- Once the SmartThings app is downloaded, create an account using credentials such as your username, password, contact number, and email address.
- Go to the dashboard. Check to see if your television is auto-discoverable, then select your television from the list and click on it to connect to Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the blue button to enable the Remote Mode and then wait for the connection to be established between the two devices.
- Once the digital remote gets activated, check to see if you can control your Samsung TV with your smartphone.
- Navigate through the menu system on your television. To make changes to your Wi-Fi connection, go to the TV’s Wi-Fi settings menu and click on Wi-Fi and Connectivity.
- Wait for your Wi-Fi network name to appear on the screen, and then enter the password to connect.
Connect Keyboard or Mouse
This is the second-best option to connect your Samsung Smart TV to your Wi-Fi network. For those who have a smart TV with a built-in option for externally connecting devices like a USB keyboard or mouse, we’ll go over the various ways you can do that and how to get online with just a few clicks.
You can get any USB keyboard or mouse that’s compatible with Bluetooth. This way, you can easily connect Samsung Smart TV to your external mouse or keyboard. If you don’t have a USB keyboard or mouse, a wired device will work too.
Simply enter the settings and click on the options to choose a wired or wireless device. The TV will automatically recognize the gadget and will pair with it, allowing you to connect your TV to Wi-Fi without the need for remote control.
If you have a cabled mouse, you can plug it into the USB port located at the back of your smart TV and use it to control the functions. However, you can’t use an old model keyboard or mouse because some smart TVs don’t recognize old models.
Go for An Ethernet Cable
An ethernet cable is another viable option if you want to connect your TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. Most Samsung TVs have a portal to activate a connection with an ethernet.
To do this, place your Wi-Fi router close to your Samsung TV and connect one end of the ethernet cable to the Wi-Fi router and the other end to your Samsung Smart TV. After that, use your smartphone to go to the settings menu and click the Rec button.
However, an ethernet cable can be used with only one device at one time. If you just want to connect your Samsung TV, that’s fine. But you can’t have an active internet connection on multiple devices with the same network. For that, you will need to use a Wi-Fi network.
Use A Universal Remote
If none of these options work, you can connect your TV with a universal remote. Because it can control multiple devices and is less expensive, it is better than the original remote. You only need to enter the TV’s unique code into the remote’s programming mode.
All of the codes for the remote are included in the manual. Once you’ve paired the two devices, you’ll be able to use the remote to operate your Samsung TV. It provides all kinds of functions as a regular remote, and you can easily connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi and watch all your favorite shows and movies.
To learn how to connect Samsung TV to the remote, you can search for all the information online.
What if the Wi-Fi Network isn’t Working?
If your Wi-Fi connection is not working, you won’t be able to connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi. However, smart TVs can also be connected with a mobile hotspot using your phone.
- Wi-Fi network settings on your Smart TV must be turned on before you can connect a mobile hotspot.
- Second, you must switch on the internet connection and the mobile hotspot on your phone. Make sure you protect your hotspot with a password to prevent unknown parties from using it.
- Once you switch it on, you will see the name of your network appear on the TV. To ensure your TV detects the network, keep your phone as close to it as possible.
- Just select and type in the network password. Your TV is now ready to surf the internet. Keep in mind that the Wi-Fi password is only accessible via your phone.
You can now watch your favorite shows or live TV on your Samsung TV via the internet!
Summing It Up
There you go! You’ve learned how to connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. It’s entirely up to you to decide which one to go with. Those who chose a separate remote control for their TV prefer a USB keyboard over the mobile app. Many smart TV users use a wireless mouse even when they have a remote.
All the methods we discussed work extremely well; only the app requires one-time permission from the TV. If you use HDMI CEC, you can control HDMI-connected devices with the TV remote, but it isn’t a vice versa method. It’s not possible to access and connect Samsung Smart TV to Wi-Fi with the Firestick’s remote.
We hope you liked this article, and it helped you learn how to connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi without a remote.